Landscaping & Maintenance Assistant
February 16, 2021 at 3:12 p.m.
By UPDATED BY LPD STAFF
- Maintain landscape vegetation by planting flowers, and removing weeds.
- Routinely pick up and remove trash throughout the parks.
- Clean & maintain pavilions, restrooms and other indoor recreational facilities.
- Paint as necessary.
- Perform maintenance duties during special events as requested and/or assigned.
- Follows safety rules established by the Parks Department, Insurance organization, OSHA, and other safety organizations.
- Upon request, provide assistance and information to all park patrons.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Landscaping with flowers, and ornamental vegetation.
- Operation of power equipment & tools (weed whip, blowers, power hedge trimmers, etc.)
- Basic tree trimming
- Submit drug-free personal specimens for initial and random drug screens.
- Lift 50 pounds.
- Stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Work in extreme hot, wet, and cold weather conditions.
- Climb a stepladder.
- Listen and comprehend verbal & written instructions.
- Full Time must be 18 years of age.
- Must hold a valid Indiana driver's license.
- Must be able to pass a formal background check.