|What facilities have air conditioning available?
May I bring beer or wine to my private rental?
- The McHale Pavilion at Riverside Park and the Penman Building across from Huston Park has air conditioning.
How do I contact the Carousel?
Is there a speed limit in the parks?
- Alcohol is not permitted on park property.
What are the official park hours?
Can picnic tables be moved from under pavilions?
- Yes, 15 MPH. Please watch for children & pedestrians.
Do picnic tables out in the parks have to be rented?
- Please leave tables under the pavilions. Pavilions are rented with the tables in them.
Can picnic tables, benches & bleachers be used outside of the parks for public events or activities?
Do the parks have trash & recycling containers?
- No, they are available on a first come, first serve basis.
After a facility/pavilion is rented does the renter have to clean up the area?
- Yes, all parks have the trash containers and the Parks urge you to use them properly.
Is there a noise ordinance in the parks?
- Yes - PLEASE! We aren't able to get back to make sure they're cleaned up more than 1x per day. Please include the pavilion floor.
Are ground fires permitted in the parks?
- According to Ordinance #01-14 It shall be unlawful for any person to use or operate any sound-producing or sound amplifying device (including vehicles) in such a manner or with such volume as to annoy or disturb persons in its vacinity.
Are glass bottles allowed in the parks?
Is gambling allowed in the parks?
- Ground fires are not permitted, fires for cooking are permitted only in grills such as those provided throughout the parks.
Do small children need adult supervision in the parks?
- No (does not include Senior Grocery Bingo).
Can vehicles be parked anywhere in the parks?
- Yes, all minors must have an adult parent or guardian with them.
Are wheeled vehicles, including skates, roller blades, skateboards, big wheels or tricycles allowed on grass surfaces in the parks?
- No, only in the designated areas. Please keep vehicles off of lawn areas.
Is marking, writing or defacing any equipment, structure or pavement in the parks legal?
- No, especially motorized vehicles. All wheeled vehicles must remain on the paved surfaces.
Are dogs allowed in the parks?
- Absolutely not! Contact the Logansport Police Department at (574) 753-4101 if you see this being done.
- Dogs are allowed in the parks as long as they are on a leash; dog waste MUST be disposed of properly.