January 27, 2020 at 8:56 p.m.
By UPDATED BY LPD STAFF
- Should be able to pass a swim, skill and knowledge test prior to employment including meeting swimming speed minimums, underwater dive and rescue skills.
- Must have the physical ability to perform all of their lifeguard duties.
- Hold current certification for Either American Red Cross Lifeguard or its equivalent (i.e., YMCA, Boy Scouts, or Jeff Ellis & Associates).
- Holds current certification in Standard First Aid from the ARC or the equivalent and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation from the ARC or the equivalent.
- Is able to demonstrate skill in rescue and emergency procedures appropriate to the Aquatics area.
- Has good judgment in anticipating and preventing accidents.
- Is able to act calmly and quickly during emergencies.
- Is able to give and/or follow directions in an emergency.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Carries out assigned duties as a lifeguard, supervising water activities, maintaining accident/incident records, and preventing accidents.
- Sets up, stores and maintains equipment and supplies necessary to the Aquatics.
- Maintains pool appearance.
- Performs first aid and responds to emergency situations such as inclement weather, find lost children, near-drownings, etc.
- Maintains health and safety practices for park patrons.
- Evaluates Aquatics operations as well as job responsibilities at the close of the summer season.
- Maintains physical strength, stamina and abilities throughout the operating season.
- Performs other related essential in-service & skill related duties as required.