Part-Time Recreation Assistant
March 4, 2021 at 8:23 p.m.
Job Title: Part-Time Recreation Assistant - 20-32 hours per week.
Department: Parks & Recreation
Accountable to: Recreation Director
Position Available: Immediately
Principal Purpose of Job: Is responsible for assisting the Recreation Director to plan, promote, and host programs and events put on by the Logansport Parks & Recreation Department.
Level of Authority: Performs duties as assigned by the Recreation Director.
Work Environment: Performs the majority of work indoors, with the occasion to be outdoors during programs and events.
Examples of Duties & Responsibilities:
- Communicate with sponsors, participants, and volunteers via email, phone, and in person.
- Assist in marketing and promotion of programs and events. Including but, not limited to Press releases, social media, email, phone calls, in person, and on the Parks & Recreation Department’s website and online software program.
- Set-up and tear down of events and programs.
- Follow-up with sponsors, participants, and volunteers.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Recreation Director.
Qualifications and/or the ability to learn the following:
- Knowledge of social media.
- Knowledge of word, excel, and publisher.
- Strong communication skills.
- Bi-lingual is welcome, but not necessary.
Minimum Physical/Intelligence Requirements:
Recreation Assistant must be able to:
- Submit drug-free personal specimens for initial and random drug screens.
- Lift 50 pounds.
- Stand and walk for long periods.
- Work in extremely hot, wet, and cold weather conditions.
- Climb a stepladder.
- Listen and comprehend verbal & written instructions.
Licenses and Other Requirements:
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Must hold a valid Indiana driver's license.
- Must be able to pass a formal background check.
Application and further information are available at:
Logansport Parks & Recreation Department, 1701 Dividend Dr. Logansport IN 46947,
574-753-6969 or online at www.logansportparks.com.