Seasonal Maintenance Assistant
March 18, 2020 at 3:09 p.m.
Job Title: Seasonal Maintenance Assistant - Part Time (As of 4/22/21 we have one 18 and older position available)
Department: Parks & Recreation
Accountable to: Maintenance Superintendent
Principal Purpose of Job: Is responsible for performing various maintenance duties to the buildings & grounds managed by the Logansport Parks Department.
Level of Authority: Performs duties as assigned by the Maintenance Superintendent.
Work Environment: Performs the majority of work outdoors, in restrooms, and in other recreation facilities.
Examples of Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain park turf by mowing grass, whacking weeds, seed and fertilize grass throughout parks.
- Maintain urban forest by cutting and removing trees & limbs.
- Maintain landscape vegetation by planting flowers, and removing weeds.
- Routinely pick up and remove trash throughout the parks.
- Clean & maintain pavilions, restrooms and other indoor recreational facilities.
- Perform routine maintenance and minor repairs and adjustments on road vehicles and grounds maintenance equipment; check and maintain appropriate oil and fluid levels and sharpen blades to assure maximum operating condition.
- Perform repairs as necessary to picnic tables, roads, toilets and sinks, water lines, electric outlets, roofs, etc.
- Paint as necessary.
- Perform maintenance duties during special events as requested and/or assigned
- Follows safety rules established by the Parks Department, Insurance organization, OSHA, and other safety organizations.
- Upon request, provide assistance and information to all park patrons.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Qualifications and/or the ability to learn the following:
- Operation of large riding lawn mowers and hand mowers
- Landscaping with flowers, and ornamental vegetation.
- Operation of power equipment & tools (chainsaw, weed whip, blowers, power drills, etc.)
- Towing of trailers
- Pool maintenance
- Basic vehicle maintenance
- Basic mower maintenance
- Tree trimming
- Stump removing
Minimum Physical / Intelligence Requirements:
Parks Maintenance staff must be able to:
- Submit drug-free personal specimens for initial and random drug screens.
- Lift 50 pounds.
- Stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Work in extreme hot, wet, and cold weather conditions.
- Climb a stepladder.
- Listen and comprehend verbal & written instructions.
Licenses and Other Requirements:
- Part Time must be 16 years of age.
- Full Time must be 18 years of age.
- Must hold a valid Indiana driver's license.
- Must be able to pass a formal background check.
Application and further information are available at:
Logansport Parks & Recreation Department, 1701 Dividend Dr. Logansport IN 46947,
574-753-6969 or online at www.logansportparks.com.