Assistant Pool Manager
January 27, 2020 at 8:35 p.m.
Assistant Pool Manager
Purpose: to assist the Pool Manager to oversee the Pool and program operation in accordance with policies and standards as set by the American Red Cross and the Logansport Parks & Recreation Department and the City of Logansport. The Assistant Pool Manager is accountable to the Pool Manager.
1. Prefer a minimum of 20 years of age or 3 season’s experience at a similar Municipal Pool.
2. Prefer a current certification as a Certified Pool Operator (CPO).
3. Has previous experience in a management or supervisor position at a similar aquatic area of at least 6 weeks duration.
4. Holds current certification for either American Red Cross Lifeguard or its equivalent (i.e., YMCA, Boy Scouts, or Jeff Ellis & Anderson.)
5. Holds current certification in Standard First Aid from the ARC or the Equivalent and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation form the ARC or the equivalent.
6. Is available May through Labor Day.
7. Has good judgment in anticipating and preventing accidents.
8. Is able to act calmly and quickly during emergencies.
9. Has the ability to work with and supervises other assigned staff.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Assists Pool Manager to review and rehearse with Aquatics staff the written emergency and accident plan, which deals with near-drownings and other aquatic accidents.
2. Assists Pool Manager to supervise opening and closing procedures and ensures that supplies, equipment and facilities are obtained, stored, maintained and utilized.
3. Assists Pool Manager to maintain health and safety practices for park patrons, including mailing of water samples; completing incident and accident reports.
4. Maintains pool appearance.
5. Assists Pool Manager to performs and documents daily inspection of the Municipal Pool including the bathhouse, pumphouse and employee work areas;
6. Assists Pool Manager to provide overall daily & special event supervision of the aquatics staff.
7. Trains, directs, and enforces all safety regulations.
8. Provides back-up to all personnel as needed.
9. Maintains daily work records and equipment service records.
10. Makes purchases with prior approval as necessary.
11. Attends meetings as necessary.
12. Responds to emergencies - being on call 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
13. Evaluates Aquatics operations as well as job responsibilities at the close of the summer season.
14. Performs other related essential duties as required.