Full-Time Golf Maintenance
December 23, 2020 at 9:03 p.m.
Job Title: Golf Maintenance - Full Time or Part Time
Department: Parks & Recreation @ Dykeman Golf Course
Accountable to: Golf Manager
Principal Purpose of Job: Is responsible for performing various maintenance duties to the buildings & grounds managed at Dykeman Golf Course.
Level of Authority: Performs duties as assigned by the Golf Manager.
Work Environment: Performs the majority of work outdoors, along with some indoor preventative maintenance during the winter.
Examples of Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain course turf by mowing grass, whacking weeds, seed and fertilize grass throughout the golf course.
- Maintain urban forest by cutting and removing trees & limbs.
- Maintain landscape vegetation by planting flowers, and removing weeds.
- Routinely pick up and remove trash throughout the Golf course.
- Clean & maintain pavilions, restrooms and other indoor golf facilities.
- Perform routine maintenance and minor repairs and adjustments on road vehicles and grounds maintenance equipment; check and maintain appropriate oil and fluid levels and sharpen blades to assure maximum operating condition.
- Perform repairs as necessary to picnic tables, roads, toilets and sinks, water lines, electric outlets, roofs, etc.
- Operates heavy equipment (bobcat, tractor, dump bed, etc.) as assigned.
- Paints as necessary.
- Perform maintenance duties during special events as requested and/or assigned
- Snow removal during winter months.
- Follows safety rules established by the Parks Department, Insurance organization, OSHA, and other safety organizations.
- Upon request, provide assistance and information to all golf course patrons.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Qualifications and/or the ability to learn the following:
- Operation of large riding lawn mowers and hand mowers
- Operation of Skid Steer, backhoe, and/or front-loading tractor
- Basic Electric
- Basic Plumbing
- Basic Carpentry
- Operation of power equipment & tools (chainsaw, weed whip, blowers, power drills, etc.)
- Towing of trailers
- Basic vehicle maintenance
- Basic mower maintenance
- Driving clutches
- Snow plows & blowers
- Floor care, waxing & buffing.
- Concrete work
- Tree trimming
- Stump removing
Minimum Physical/Intelligence Requirements:
Golf Course Maintenance staff must be able to:
- Submit drug-free personal specimens for initial and random drug screens.
- Lift 50 pounds.
- Stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Work in extreme hot, wet, and cold weather conditions.
- Climb a stepladder.
- Listen and comprehend verbal & written instructions.
- Obtain a First-Aid & CPR certification.
Licenses and Other Requirements:
- Part Time must be 16 years of age.
- Full Time must be 18 years of age.
- Must hold a valid Indiana driver's license.
- Must be able to pass a formal background check.
Education and Experience:
Graduation from an accredited high school or a certified GED program is preferred. Also, prefer 1-3 years’ experience in grounds or building maintenance, heavy equipment operations, and /or construction trades.
Application and further information are available at:
Logansport Parks & Recreation Department, 1701 Dividend Dr. Logansport IN 46947, firstname.lastname@example.org, 574-753-6969
This job posting is open until Monday January 11, 2021