August 1, 2018 at 3:53 p.m.
By UPDATED BY LPD STAFF
Updated 12/05/2022 by City Council Ordinance #2022-42
- All Logansport Parks and Trails are open daily from 6 am – 10 pm.
- Motor vehicles are to park ONLY in designated areas.Overnight parking is prohibited in all Logansport Parks.
- Speed limit within the parks is fifteen (15) mph. Please watch for children and other pedestrians.
- Possession & use of alcoholic beverages & illegal drugs are not permitted in this park.
- People who intimidate (by legal definition) another person shall be dealt with using police authority.
- Smoking is restricted to a designated and inconspicuous location no closer than twenty-five (25) feet from all- but not limited to- city owned buildings, playgrounds, park bleachers, park pavilions, swimming pools, or in the vicinity of children, and athletic fields (Ord.# 05-11).
- Shelters and their picnic tables are available for general use unless reserved. Groups with a reservation receipt have priority use of shelters and their picnic tables.
- Picnic tables in the Parks are available on a first come-first serve basis.Picnic tables, benches & bleachers may ONLY be used outside of the parks for public events or activities with Parks Administrator authorization.
- All domestic animals must be kept on a six-foot leash or crated; Animal “waste” must be disposed of properly.
- Any animal or reptile, domesticated or wild, which has dangerous propensities is strictly prohibited from all parks.
- Inflatable bounce “houses” are prohibited for private use.
- The Cole Bridge is for pedestrian & non-motorized vehicle use only. For safety reasons, those using the bridge are required to stay on the bridge walkway, and shall not climb or sit upon railings,structures, or pillars.
- Please use trash & recycling containers.
- It shall be unlawful for any person to use or operate any sound-producing or sound amplifying device (including vehicles) in such a manner or with such volume as to annoy or disturb persons in its vicinity.Ord.# 01-14
- Ground fires are not permitted. Fires for cooking food are permitted only in grills such as those provided throughout LPRD parks.
- Personal fireworks are not permitted in the parks, except when permission is granted by the Fire Chief AND the Parks Administrator.
- No gambling, glass bottles, or profanity within the park.
- Bicycles, skates, roller blades, skateboards, or motorized vehicles excluding maintenance & personal handicap equipment must remain on paved surfaces within the park.
- No marking, writing, or defacing of any equipment, structure, or pavement within the park.
- A permit is not required for geocaching and metal detecting, but divots must be put back in place.
- To report maintenance issues, contact the Logansport Parks & Recreation Department at
- In the event of an emergency, Emergency Services should be notified by calling 911.